Monday, November 19, 2012

comfort food

It's cold and blah today and now it's raining. For dinner tonight we had essentially the same thing as last night. Minus the browned butter sauce because apparently butter and I are breaking up.

When I was a kid one of my favorite things for dinner was tuna patties. I suppose if we were fancier they would have been croquettes, but we just called them patties. And it seems like they were usually served with the not-found-in-nature-yellow mac and cheese from the blue box. And probably green beans.
They sounded pretty much perfect for dinner tonight even though I have not made them in years. But instead of the mac, I had them with lemon pepper pappardelle with a garlic, olive oil and white wine sauce. Kind of like meatballs, I just dumped them over the top. I also added a bit of dried lemon peel from The Spice House and plenty of pepper.

It was pretty much perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment