Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh, hai!

So, The Man and I were sitting in the living room around 10pm. I heard a noise and wonder what the cats are getting into. I ignore it. Then I hear more and then I realize it's tapping on glass, as in my window. And then it's more than tapping and WTF IS GOING ON?!
We ran to the office/den/mancave (even though it's butter yellow
with a mini chandelier) and lo, there was a raccoon hanging off my window screen and 4 more on the deck trying to get into my house!
WHAT IN THE HELL?!

I sprayed them with water. Jeff dumped several buckets of water on them. They kept coming back. My cats were losing their minds.
And I wasn't too thrilled with the situation, either.
I asked The Man to go pee on the deck, larger predator, bigger stink, right?
No. Not just no, but HELL NO. With my luck they would probably know from his scent that he is a vegetarian and attack us even more enthusiastically.
He kept saying he was sure I was joking. I wasn't joking but whatever. I could deal with peeing on the deck, but not with a ton of critters underneath it with tiny little gross hands. EW.
So plan B. We went to CVS and I bought the most bizarre assortment of crap ever. Ammonia, rubber gloves, 3 packs of kitchen sponges and a rubbermaid snack container large enough to hold a good amount of ammonia and several kitchen sponges at once! And the hubs also wanted chocolate milk, so we got that, too.
We must have appeared to be freaks.
Anyway, sponges have been soaked and lobbed (happily, I can go fetch them tomorrow and use them again tomorrow night!) and no more critter action so far tonight.
Knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment